History of Valparai

 

Valparai is a hill station and Municipality in Coimbatore district. This is located in Anaimalai Hills Rage at 3,500 feet above sea level of the Western Ghats. In road travels there are 40 hairpin bends on the way to Valparai from Azhiyar. The Government of Tamil Nadu in collaboration with ITDC initiated Tourism promotion through infrastructure development including Resort hotels and Amusement parks to attract tourists.

Valparai beauty tea estate 

In valparai at 1846 Ramasamy Mudaliyar started coffee plantation and in 1864 Coffee plantation was done by Karnatic Coffee Company. The future Edward VII build guest house for soldiers at 1875. The British government takes off the land from madras state government in the year 1890 by W Wintil and Nordan. Carwer Named the Hill station as Anamalais then.

 

 

 


Last Updated - - Designed & Content Managed by Pollachi.Org. Hosted & Technical Support by Designs Worldwide Solutions

Best viewed with resolution 1024 * 768 px.

Copyright © 2010 www.pollachi.org   All Rights Reserved.

Home | About us | Our Services | Photo Gallery | Feedback Form | Site Map | Contact Us